The number one thing that causes back pain is extended periods of sitting.
Various studies have produced evidence that:
- Every hour of seated television watching we do cuts about 22 minutes off our life span. That was contrasted with this study which estimated that smoking shortens their life by about 11 minutes per cigarette.
- The effects of long term sitting are not reversible through exercise or other good habits.
- Sitting like smoking, is very clearly bad for our health. The only way to minimise risk is to limit the time we spend on our butts each day.
- Healthier alternatives are active sitting on a yoga ball, a sit-stand desk or a treadmill desk, stand and stretch every hour.
- Prolonged sitting increases the risk of developing several serious illnesses like various types of cancer, heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.
Taking care of your health by preventative measures is always the best course of action. If you find yourself in discomfort please make an appointment with Mary Anne Lowery Chiropractor to discuss what assistance can be offered to you.
So don’t hesitate, call now on 4721 2143 to improve your quality of life.