Travel Tips from the Chiropractors' Association of Australia
Holidays are fun and exciting! Everyone can't wait to go on holidays but there are some pitfalls to our good healthy spines which can be avoided so we don't end up in pain!
If you are travelling by car, bus or train:
1. Take regular stretch breaks at least every 1 to 2 hours.
2. Do some neck and shoulder exercises to help keep your muscles loose.
3. Remember not to slouch when sitting and stand tall.
4. If possible, take your pillow from home for continued good sleeping practice away from home.
Travelling by plane:
1. Stretch your legs and walk the aisles as often as practicable.
2. When seated, help circulation flow by regularly rolling your ankles in circles, point & flex your feet.
3. Be mindful when lifting your luggage. Bend with your knees, not your back.
4. Take a supportive neck pillow for neck support when sleeping on the plane.
Sleeping in a strange bed:
1. Sleeping on your back or side is preferable for good spinal health.
2. If the bed is too saggy, consider putting it on the floor.
3. Always stretch after sleeping.
For more travel tips for holidays to maintain your good spinal health, click here to view the Chiropractors' Association of Australia brochure or click here to visit their website for further helpful information.
Taking care of your health by preventative measures is always the best course of action. However, if you find yourself in pain or discomfort, please make an appointment with Mary Anne Lowery Chiropractor to discuss what assistance can be offered to you.
So don't hesitate, call now on 4721 2143 to improve your quality of life.